Author Visits & Appearances
Enquiries to Becky’s Literary Bookings here or phone Becky Lucas on 0424 584 697.
Types of sessions
- Interactive author visit where I discuss the process of writing, focusing on one or more of my books
- Creative writing workshop on general fiction, historical fiction or poetry
- Mindfulness and Coping with Worries workshop based on my novel, The Worry Tree, and on my experience as a fully qualified social worker. This session includes interactive exercises and games including puppets, art, writing, and a fun science experiment.
- I am happy to tailor a session to meet the needs of individual schools.
“Marianne’s ability to field questions, while speaking with the class about the concepts within her stories and the writing process was especially impressive. Our classes were very enthusiastic about her novel and felt privileged to have a visit from the author. Many students told us later that it was very inspiring to meet someone who gets paid to write, and to see that it is possible to be a writer in Australia. Following Marianne’s visit, our students were much more enthusiastic about our creative writing assignments. For many of the male students, it was the first time they had read a novel with a female protagonist. In some of the boys’ writing, we started to see more female characters making an appearance. Marianne is incredibly kind, caring and professional, and having her as a guest in your class is a fantastic opportunity. I wholeheartedly recommend her visit as an invaluable incursion experience.”
– Krishan Persaud, teacher, Adelaide
“I’ve seen Marianne Musgrove run her Worry Tree workshop at Kirinari Community School. I find that she related to the participants in a loving, caring, supportive and non-judgemental professional way engaging them in a variety of fun, interesting and educational activities. I noticed a few shy students were engaging in her activities and saw students implementing techniques taught afterwards. I enjoyed her workshop and highly recommend it.”
– Eliza R., voice & sound therapist
“Marianne presents writing activities related to her novel with clear explanations and in a professional manner. She’s well prepared for workshops and has a variety of material to help engage students according to their learning abilities. Marianne is able to build upon classroom reading, and on the activities associated with of her novel, to bring unique perspectives and moral considerations that are appropriate for student mind growth. I highly recommend Marianne presenting workshops at school.”
– Lillian Allen, primary school teacher, Adelaide
“Marianne Musgrove presents with confidence and calming charm, consummately at ease and ready to delight and entertain with a smidgeon of wit tossed in. A born storyteller, she leads you into her world and with down to earth honesty draws from her own experiences and imagination to captivate you in her presentation.”
– Lorraine P., librarian